The Zizzler in New York City

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

So I Walked to Manhattan


Thirty minutes to the Queensboro Bridge, thirty minutes over the bridge into the Upper East Side. It's a beautiful sunny morning, so I decided to get coffee- in Manhattan. The view is great, although I wish the pedestrian walkway was on the south side. I got an eyeful of Roosevelt Island (boring) and those smokestacks that anti-Semite Mel Gibson drew over and over in Conspiracy Theory. I also got asked out by 6 construction workers, who must have low standards since I was walking in my pajamas. I'd hoped that the Roosevelt Island Aerocar was running, but for some reason it wasn't. My legs feel like rubber. My only regret was getting the large iced coffee in Manhattan....damn that bridge is long when you have to pee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home